What does primer do? Why do you need a makeup primer when you already have a lot of makeup products to use? These are some questions that beginners would ask about makeup. Pro Makeup Center provides the best makeup services for you.
Makeups play a vital role, especially in today’s society. It makes you feel confident, sociable, and seductive. If you want to add something to your face for your overall radiance, you need a primer. But first, do you need it? What does primer do? Why do you need a makeup primer?
Read Also: Since it is the Covid19 pandemic, hence it is important for you to read this: how to keep your makeup from transferring onto your mask.
A primer is a cream that is applied to your skin as a preparatory product. Different primers can also be used on the eyes, lips, face, and even lashes. Choosing a primer is wholly dependent on your makeup preference and beauty aims. It helps in making a perfect canvas as it holds the makeup, like foundation, and so on. Consider them to be double-sided beauty tape or even glue. A primer can smooth the surface of the skin to keep makeup from forming dots around the T-zone if you have oily skin. Makeup primer not only creates a silky-smooth, poreless base for your makeup to bind to. But it also makes your face and eye makeup last all day long without slipping or fading. In addition, read more here about 7 beauty and makeup tips every woman should know.
Before we go deeper into the different functions of a makeup primer, you need to know the different kinds of primers first. Here are the different kinds of primer:
Different Kinds of Primer
Face Primers for Hydration
This kind of primer is ideal for dry skin. Especially those primers that contain hyaluronan and antioxidant ingredients. If you have a dry skin type, avoid using a silicone-based primer because it can ‘pill’ over dry skin.
A Mattifying Face Primer
This is used if you have oily skin. A mattifying primer keeps your foundation last longer. You can use a silicone-based primer to provide a perfect mattifying layer between the skin and makeup. This will blur and smoothen pores as well.
This kind of primer is used more to smoothen your skin. It is suitable for older skin types to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Primer for Color Correction
This primer is used to even out underlying skin tones. It can fix the redness by using a green primer. Blue primers are used to counteract sallow or yellow colors.
Eyeshadows could fade as time goes by. You can prevent your eyeshadows from fading by using a simple primer. It can also work with eyeliners. Eye primer can help correct the color on your eyelid when applying mascara. Aside from that, it also nourishes and smoothens the eyelid. Eyeshadow primer prevents the skin’s natural oil from breaking down.
Read more about this: how to wear eye makeup for sensitive eyes.
If your lashes aren’t maintaining a curl, use a mascara primer. It is often made with nourishing ingredients that condition the lashes. Not only that it maintains the curl of your lashes, but it also adds additional volume and length to your lashes.
Lip primer does not only prevent your lipstick from fading, but it also produces a flawless surface. It can retain the color of the lipstick for a longer period of time. If you want to apply a matte liquid lipstick with a bright color, you can put a lip primer underneath. It can also give you a natural look by giving a nude-like lip color.
Also Read: Here are some useful tips for you to look photogenic all day on your wedding from Pro Makeup Center.
Reasons Why You Need a Makeup Primer
Now that you know the different functions and uses of makeup primer, let us dig deeper into the reasons why you need it. Here are some reasons why you need a makeup primer:
Prepares Your Makeup to Lasts the Whole Day
If you want your makeup to last all day, use the right face primer. Primers and foundations work hand in hand to maximize the absorbency and staying power of your makeup. It helps prevent your makeup from smudging and fading.
Gives You a Brighter Skin
If you want brighter-looking skin, applying primer can add a touch of radiance to your skin complexion. It can give your skin a shimmering effect which will show an extra glow on your skin.
Even though your pores seem to be small, they might even be evident when wearing makeup. Using a primer can conceal your pores and leave a silky layer over them. It can blur fine lines, wrinkles, and other imperfections.
Balances Your Skin Tone
Primer can cover up dark spots and patches on your skin. So, if you have uneven skin tone, use a primer to make your skin look flawless.
Primers are extremely simple to use. They are similar to ordinary lotions but considerably lighter and grease-free. They are applied as a liquid and can dry up quickly.
How to Use a Makeup Primer?
Makeup primer isn’t just about applying makeup to your whole face. Its main purpose is to produce a flawless, long-lasting surface for your ideal face makeup. To maximize its use, here are some proper ways on how to use a makeup primer:
1. Primers are usually applied before foundation and so on. In applying it, it’s best to use your finger. It is the simplest way for blending everything and achieving a smooth finish. Also by using your fingertip you can control the spreadability of the primer. Do not use a makeup brush for it will just drag the primer around.
2. Apply primer based on your skin type. So, if you have oily skin, only apply a small amount of it. Dry skin tends to absorb makeup quickly so you can withstand a quarter-size dab of primer. With primer, a little goes a long way, and too much might ruin your makeup look before you even start. Allow primer a full minute to dry before putting anything on top to prevent ruining the makeup.
3. Choose a primer that does not meddle with your makeup. If you want to hide wrinkles, pores, or blemishes, apply primer to the affected areas. Squeeze a pumpkin-seed-sized amount onto the back of your hand and dab it in a patting motion. You can also use a foundation brush to patch in deeper wrinkles. If you only want to reduce your pores and do not want to add on makeup, you may apply the primer alone. For a natural look, use primer and set it with fixing or compact powder.
Most Common Mistakes in Applying Primer
1. One of the most common priming mistakes is putting makeup too soon after priming. Keep in mind that you need to wait a full minute for it to dry completely.
2. Another misstep is selecting a primer that is inappropriate for your skin type. Certain primers have their own purpose. You need to determine what skin type you have and choose a primer that suits you the best. It is also a good idea to use a primer that you see in person so you can check how it will jive on your foundation.
3. The last common mistake people tend to do is putting up too much primer. Remember to only put an amount depending on what skin type you have. Putting too much will only mess up your makeup real bad.
Primers are one of the makeup products you should never neglect. Your foundation or concealer may not be enough to conceal your imperfections. So, if you want to achieve the best look you could ever have, use a primer to show your overall radiance.
But if you think you need help with your makeup, you can hire a professional makeup artist from us, Pro Makeup Center. You can also visit us at https://promakeupcenter.com. And if you have questions about makeup primers you can contact us at email@example.com.